Going through IVF is a huge, expensive decision. Chances are there’s been a lot of build-up, too; perhaps the result of years of saving money or trying naturally. No one really just wakes up one morning and thinks “Hmmm, I think I’ll do IVF today!!!”
The whole process can be incredibly overwhelming. There’s a lot to remember; how to administer your medications, when to schedule your ultrasound and blood work appointments, and which vitamins to take. There’s a LOT at stake. The whole process is distracting, stressful and sometimes downright painful (thanks, Menopur!)
And because of all of the compounded stress, pressure and insane hormones, it’s incredibly important to practice acts of self-care before and during your IVF cycle. As you begin to emotionally and physically prepare, try to surround yourself with happy and hopeful goodies and trinkets to increase your joy and decrease your stress.
I also enjoy giving out little trinkets and unexpected gifts to my fellow fertility warriors as they begin to embark on their IVF journeys. It’s nice to get a little “thinking of you” gift from someone else who knows what you’re going through and just how important this process is.
Here are some of my favorite IVF-prep products to help relax and restore, empower and enlighten.
1) I Did My Best Sweatshirt // Bando
2) Grateful Beanie // Spiritual Gangster
3) Things Will Work Out Pin // HausWitch
4) Peach Tranquility // Teavana
5) Vitamin D Moisture Mist // One Love Organics
6) Palo Santo
7) Rose Quartz Crystal Candle “Love Stone” // JaxKelly
1) Glass water bottle // BKR
2) Lucky socks // GAP
3) The Art of Waiting by Belle Boggs // Amazon
4) Pin // Lucky Horse Press
5) Affirmators! (Affirmation Cards) // Paper Source
6) Scented Candle // Illume
7) Chill Pills keychain // Bando